Apparently 33 is an amazing number. I had no idea that this number was special, until my birthday came and I actually turned 33 years old. This revelation came to me via an old roommate in Maui that I revere and adore for her life experience. I called her right before my birthday and told her how old I was gonna be, to which she replied in a very animated voice "That is best age ever! You should be so excited!" I rarely get that kind of response when I tell people my age. Mostly people just nod their heads in somber silence as if already listening to my eulogy. My Maui friend, however, seemed so darn excited about the number 33 that I decided to do some hard core research on the number 33. Enter stage left, GOOGLE.
Turns out, 33 is the most influential of all numbers. It combines 11, the most intuitive of all numbers and 22, the most powerful of all numbers. Now listen, I don't really ascribe to tenets of numerology, whatever they may be, but I thought this little piece of information was motivating and I am rarely one to shun motivation. "When expressed to the fullest, the 33 lacks all personal ambition, and instead focuses its considerable abilities toward the spiritual uplifting of mankind . . .This is shown in its determination to seek understanding and wisdom." Well, I think it's safe to say that I am no way near lacking personal ambition but I love the idea of seeking understanding and wisdom which leads to the spiritual uplifting of mankind. So here's my personal goal for the year 33, it's the Age of Enlightenment.
It's been a little over a year since I started this blog and titled it Year of the Dragon. It was a year of exploration and personal struggle, a year of regrouping and redirection. I have renamed my blog to reflect my goals for the year 33. I'm starting with peace. In the words of Eckhart, "There is no one who does not want peace." So, I am going to do the things that bring me peace and maybe my peace will bring the world more peace. Some of the best advice I've ever recieved came from my Acupressure teacher who said, "If you want to stop war in the world, first stop the war within yourself." In other words, if I want more peace in the world, I must first create peace within me. It may sound cheesy but I've got a plan and I'm going to work it! This will be a year of years and hopefully, I'll find myself closer to God at the end of it (and He'll forgive me for the brief stint in numerology).
3 comments:
I love it Naj! I am also contstantly looking for peace. Step one for me? Remove my uterus. I think that will work wonders. Lordy!!
I like the age of enlightenment. I'm excited to read about your adventures.
Love ya!!
Happy 33rd!!!
This is the year. You have already done amazing things and will just continue to do bigger and better.
I love you sis. Unto enlightenment!!
You are amazing. I love how you are always on a journey, and I love the journey you have chosen this year. I hope you find peace and enlightenment. I'm hoping to find a little myself this year in the crazy city. Do you think that is possible? Here's to your 33 and my 37.
Post a Comment